I just returned from three amazing days in Boston chatting up everything that's cool in the web these days. Here are some initial thoughts ...
- There are some hella-smart people in the field, and I think they were all there.
- Dojo has exploded in the last year. In fact, this almost felt like "The Dojo Experience" conference. Alex & co have done some fantastic work, and have lined up an amazing list of sponsors and contributors. The SVG library they just released looks pretty sweet.
- I love that there's a critical mass of people now focused on making the web user experience better.
- My god, things have matured so much since 2000.
- I'm grateful that TIBCO is pouring such money and attention into technologies like Ajax, and I suppose that there will always be an enterprise-market for what they're building (and I bet that market is HUGE). But it was almost painful to hear their keynote in the context of so many people out there who are heading in a much different direction.
- Ben and Dion, the Ajaxians, are super-great guys.
- I wish me wife coulda come :).
- ► 2008 (23)
- ► 2007 (24)
- ▼ 2006 (21)
- ► 2004 (11)