Thursday, August 23, 2007

Day three ...

... and it's beginning to look do-able.

We had a fussy morning, with all sorts of doctors and nurses coming by. The daily bilirubin came in "low risk" of jaundice, which is (fingers crossed fingers crossed) fantastic news, as this is the best indicator of HS this week that we can monitor. Dr. Tanguay, our Ped, came by and is pleased. Dr. Khoo came by and is pleased with Sinead's healing. We got the Hep B immunization. We pooped all over the sock holding the security beacon. We cried a *lot*.

By early afternoon we were settling down a bit, and from 4-5pm the whole family was passed out and strewn about the room. It was great. A NAP!!!! It's exactly what we all needed, and we were different people all evening.

Sinead's up and walking better than she has since about February, which is also fantastic to see. She's still not supposed to lift anything as heavy as the child anytime soon, so I'm on diaper duty (and getting pretty fast at these poopy ones!). We're feeling so good about her moving around that the walker and the gumby pillow all came home tonight! I was quite a site leaving the hospital .... we'll post a pic tomorrow.

Fionn is just incredible. This evening I spent a solid half hour staring at his face as he was sleeping and dreaming .... we cycled through every emotion in his little head .... happy, confused, perplexed, feeding (that was fun ... his whole mouth moved), gassy. I think that's about it. It was great.

And me: I started to do something about my painful separation from pop culture. We listened to some Ray Lamontange. And I got my computer talking to the Internet via my cell phone, which at least got me to load a few news stories. It's still a sloooow connection, so some sites just don't load. Like Won't load. The ultimate irony. I'm on the AT&T wireless network, albeit my cell phone is a bit slower than the iPhone.

So I was connected for, I think, a total of about an hour all day.

And strangely, that was just fine with me.


No comments: